This section provides information about the Pacific Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning, and the Empowered Digital Teacher for Online Learning (EDT4OL) online course.
About the Pacific Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning
Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) in the Pacific is a 5-year project (2020 – 2025) funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade to support enhancing capacity and efficiency of education sectors in the Pacific through greater use of innovative delivery mechanisms and technology.
About the EDT4OL online course
Empowered Digital Teacher for Online Learning (EDT4OL) was developed by the UNESCO Chair in OER at the OER Foundation for the Pacific Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning. It is an intermediate level course for educators to design and develop online materials and publish these on an open website.
Design and publish an online learning sequence using a Mediawiki-to-WordPress-Multisite toolset, incorporating H5P interactive content elements and rich media.
|Duration||2 weeks (Prepare an Acceptance Portfolio)
3 weeks (Complete course learning challenges)
|Workload||3 – 6 hours per week|
|Badges||Six digital badges|
|Certification||Certificate of Completion|
What will I learn?
In this short online course you will:
- Develop intermediate wiki skills for collaborative development of OER online content
- Design and publish selected H5P interactive content objects
- Design and publish a storyboard for authoring an online learning sequence
- Integrate pedagogical elements into online course materials
- Author and publish a learning sequence as part of a WordPress Multisite course website
- Use social media and digital messaging tools for peer learning and technical support
This is a hands-on, activity-based course in which you will:
- Prepare an Acceptance Portfolio and sign a learning contract (cohorts are restricted to 30 learners)
- Complete six learning challenges to demonstrate your design and development skills for publishing a learning sequence on an open website:
- H5P authoring challenge
- Storyboard challenge
- Outlining a learning pathway challenge
- Intermediate wiki skills challenge
- Snapshot challenge
- Publish a learning sequence challenge
Participants who successfully achieve the six digital badges summarised below for the EDT4OL course will receive a PDF Certificate of Completion.
|Acceptance portfolio||Provide evidence of digital skills for open online publishing, specifically:
|H5P Author||Create three interactive learning activities using H5P and publish these online|
|Course Designer||Develop a storyboard to support the learning design of your online content to outline the sequence of sub-pages for a learning pathway.|
|Course developer||Acquire intermediate wiki skills to author a collection of pages for a learning pathway and generate a WordPress snapshot for publishing your learning materials online.|
|EDT4OL Participant||Complete and pass an online quiz on core concepts covered during the EDT4OL course.|
|Empowered Digital Teacher||This is a cumulative badge awarded to EDT4OL participants who have achieved the five preceding badges. Holders of the Empowered Digital Teacher Badge will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for the course.|
Any teacher is free and welcome to submit an Acceptance Portfolio to gain entry into this course. The course will be conducted in English. We recommend that you have:
- Access to a personal computer for 3 – 6 hours per week (depending on your digital skills for online publishing)
- Basic knowledge of online publishing skills which you can acquire by completing the Acceptance Portfolio
- Access to the internet for 3 – 5 hours per week while working online on the course.
- Average skills in navigating websites using a browser