You can demonstrate your participation in Empowered Digital Teacher for Online Learning (EDT4OL), by completing a basic knowledge test online. If you pass the test, you will receive the EDT4OL Participant badge. This page explains how to complete the knowledge test and earn your badge.
To take the test now, log into Moodle and complete the Knowledge test. For more information, read the questions below.
How does it work?
To earn a Participant badge for this course, you must successfully complete a basic knowledge test online. This knowledge test covers selected concepts in this course. Learners who have worked through the course materials, learning challenges and quizzes on the course site will have all the learning materials they need to be able to pass the test.
|Overview of knowledge test|
|Number of True-False questions||25|
|Number of Multiple Choice questions||25|
|Estimated time required||30 – 40 minutes|
|Pass mark to earn the certification||Minimum of 50% of answers correct|
|Number of test attempts allowed||Unlimited|
The online test, like the submission of learning challenges, is administered through the Moodle website associated with this course. The OER Foundation has donated use of the OERu’s Moodle site for the purpose of this course.
Can I prepare for the test?
Yes! At the end of most of the learning challenges, you will find several True-False and Multiple Choice questions, together with feedback on correct and incorrect answers. These are the same questions that are used in the knowledge test to certify your participation. You can review the knowledge test questions for each learning challenge by visiting the following links:
- Interactive learning with H5P quiz
- Developing a storyboard quiz
- Outlining a learning pathway quiz
- Intermediate wiki skills quiz
- Snapshot quiz
- Authoring a learning sequence quiz
Honour pledge for test takers
We expect learners taking the knowledge participation test to uphold the highest standards of academic integrity.
All questions are published on the course site, which you can review and practise before taking the test. If you are unsuccessful in the test attempt, you will be able to re-sit the test in accordance with the number of permissible attempts published on this page. However, while taking the test, you should not receive help. (This does not prohibit help required by learners with a disability, such as using a human or automated reader.)
All test takers will be required to affirm the following statement before attempting the test:
- “I affirm that I have not given or received any unauthorised help while taking the test, and that this work is my own.”
In the event that the OER Foundation identifies breaches of this honour code, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to withdraw any badges or certificates that have been issued to you and/or to ban your user account on all websites maintained by the OER Foundation.
Can I trial the technology before I take the knowledge test?
Yes! If you have not taken an online test before, or have not used the Moodle platform, we have created a practice test for you to familiarise yourself with the online test environment. Try it!
- Log in to the OERu Moodle site, How to take an online test:
- If you are a new user and don’t have an account, click on the “Create new account” button on the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions to verify your account in the email we send (check your spam folder if you don’t receive this email.)
- For existing OERu Moodle users, log in with your username and password for this site. (You can retrieve log-in credentials by clicking on the “Forgotten your username or password?” link.)
- Click on the course: How to take an online test, and follow the instructions on screen.
Where do I take the knowledge test?
The knowledge test is administered through the EDT4OL Moodle course.
Log in with your usual username and password for this site. (You can retrieve log-in credentials by clicking on the “Forgotten your username or password?” link.)
Moodle Knowledge Test URL: https://moodle.oeru.org/course/view.php?id=57§ion=8
What can I do with a digital badge?
- display the badge that you earn on your profile page on the moodle.oeru.org site,
- download a copy of the badge, and
- share a unique link with employers and other interested people, to verify that the badge was issued by the OERu site. This unique link provides access to a webpage that publishes the details of the issuer and criteria used to issue the badge.