|Set up your personal blog site and publish your first portfolio blog post
|45 mins – 2 hours (Depending on prior knowledge and experience with online technologies)
This blog site will become a public portfolio of your learning outputs for the EDT4OL course. You will reflect on your learning journey and provide links to the artifacts you create.
The WordPress account you requested earlier should now be available. Please note that it can take up to one working day after requesting a site to receive your confirmation email that the blog site has been created. If you haven’t received the email notifying you of your new blog site, after checking your spam folder, please let us know by posting on the support forum.
The purpose of this learning challenge is to:
- Configure your new personal blog using WordPress, through a process of self-discovery supported by open access materials you find on the web.
- Personalise your blog site.
- Document and share your learning experience by posting a blog entry which forms part of your acceptance portfolio.
Value of this exercise
- You will gain first-hand experience in building a website using an open source content management system.
- You will “declare” yourself to fellow participants on this course using your Personal Learning Environment (as an alternative to posting an introduction in a closed course forum typically used in a conventional e-Learning course).