In this learning challenge, you will produce a static audiographic resource for use in the classroom.
For the purposes of this learning challenge, an audiographic teaching resource is an image, chart, or diagram with a corresponding audio recording that provides an explanation or instructions used to support learning.
The audio file can either
- be distributed as an audio file, independently of the graphic, for use in combination with a printed version of the image, or
- be combined with the graphic for playback using a video file format.
Audiographics are particularly useful for remote teaching or individual self-study in the classroom using a smartphone or computer with headset or earphones.
Learning challenge output
In this learning challenge, you will produce an audiographic resource that includes:
- a title slide with a music track in the background,
- a static graphic with an audio explanation, and
- an acknowledgement slide for attributing resources used and the copyright licence for the work.
On successful completion of this learning challenge, you will have:
- Installed the Audacity audio-recording and editing software on your computer
- Recorded, edited, and exported an audio file for use in your resource
- Generated an image, chart, or diagram to include in your audiographic resource
- Produced a script for recording an audio track
- Installed Openshot (a video-editing package) on your computer
- Completed the learning challenge to produce an audiographic file for upload on an OER resource repository.