In this learning challenge, we will conduct a consultation to generate recommendations for building a thriving community of practice to support OER creation and adoption in your region.
In this learning challenge, you will:
- Consider the opportunities for national OER online collections for educators to share teaching materials in your country
- Review the characteristics of a community of practice
- Reflect on what lessons we can learn from the ‘Open Ranger’ community of practice, initiated in Ontario Canada to promote OER adoption
- Familiarise yourself with the activities of the Wisdom Community of Pasifika Teachers (and consider joining if you are not already a member)
- Propose recommendations to establish a thriving community of practice to support OER creation and adoption in your region