On successful completion of this microcourse, teachers will:
- Improve their communication skills in Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) contexts.
On successful completion of this microcourse, learners will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the role of inclusive and equitable communication practices, teaching presence, and course netiquette for successful ODFL delivery.
- Learn about the uses of technology and media for efficient and accessible communication in an ODFL environment.
- Review and discuss key pedagogical considerations when designing course structure, learning activities, feedback and communication strategies.
- Recognise the attributes of an effective online facilitator.
- Gain hands-on experience in weaving online discussions and interactions including strategies for conflict-management in the ODFL space.