In addition to this AS4ODFL course website, we use an online learning system called “Moodle” to support your learning. The OER Foundation has donated use of the OERu’s Moodle site for the purpose of this course.
Through Moodle, you can:
- Join other AS4ODFL learners in sharing the resources you create during the course
- Track your progress through the course
- Complete the AS4ODFL Knowledge test
- Earn digital badges and a AS4ODFL Certificate of completion to demonstrate your achievements on this course
On this page you will find all you need to know about using Moodle.
Create a Moodle account and enrol in the AS4ODFL course site
- Go to the OERu Moodle site by using this link: https://moodle.oeru.org/enrol/index.php?id=58
- Create an OERu Moodle account, following the instructions on the OERu support site
- Keep a record (in a private place) of the username and password you have just created – you will need them each time you return to the Moodle site.
- On the Enrolment options screen that appears, enrol in the AS4ODFL Moodle site:
- Enter the Enrolment key: ppodl (all lowercase)
- Click on Enrol me
We suggest you save the link to the Moodle site as a ‘bookmark’ or ‘favourite’ in your internet browser, so you can find it again easily. See How to create an internet favourite or bookmark for instructions.
Log in to Moodle
Once you have created your Moodle account and enrolled in the course, you can log in to Moodle again any time you want:
- Go to the OERu Moodle site, using the same link as before: https://moodle.oeru.org/enrol/index.php?id=58
- On the log-in screen (see image below), enter your Username and Password, then click on the “Log in” button.
Find your way around Moodle
When you first go into the AS4ODFL Moodle site, you will find yourself on the Welcome page, which will look similar to the screenshot below. The layout may be a little different, depending on your screen size.
Across the top are ‘tabs’ which take you to the different Moodle pages. The page that you are on is shown by a white tab (e.g. ‘Welcome page’ in the screenshot), and all the other tabs are grey. You can move between pages by either:
- Clicking on the tab that you want or
- Using the link at the bottom right of each page, which takes you to the next page
Each of the learning challenge pages contains a link to the relevant section of the course materials on the course website.
- On the “Partial completion” page you will find a link to consolidated formative quiz
- On the “Integrated activity” page you will find a link to upload your integrated activity template for assessment to earn your Assessor Badge.
Track your progress
Moodle offers you the opportunity to keep track of your progress by using the Completion progress bar. This appears at the side or at the bottom of your Moodle page, depending on the size of your screen. It looks like this:
Each small box corresponds to a session in the course.
- Hover your mouse over each box to see what it is
- Click the box to go to that page
Blue means the activity is not complete yet
Yellow means you have uploaded a resource but it has not been marked yet
Green means an activity has been completed
Completion is shown automatically for uploading your resources and the quiz. To indicate your progress through the nine learning challenges, you need to tick the box next to the link to the relevant learning materials when you have finished that session.
For example, see the Assessment and learning page:
It is your own choice whether you want to tick the boxes next to the learning challenge links and keep an eye on the completion progress bar. Although teachers can also see your completion progress bar, it makes no difference to your success in the course – it is simply there to help you visualise how far you have got through the course and how much is left to do.
Take the consolidated formative assessment quiz
Refer to the Consolidated formative assessment page for information on how to take the Quiz to earn your Partial Completion Badge.
Earn the Assessor Badge and gain the certificate of completion
On successful submission of your integrated activity template you can gain the Assessor Badge and the certificate of completion for this course.