On successful completion of this short course learners will have an understanding of the salient aspects that need careful attention if ODFL provisioning is to be credible.
|Workload:||5 – 6 hours per week|
|Badges:||Participation Badge and Completion Badge|
|Certification:||Certificate of Participation and Completion|
|Course materials:||Preview online|
What will I learn?
In this short online course you will:
- Identify key aspects of ODFL that distinguish it from conventional face to face education;
- Appreciate the importance of creating an enabling policy environment for ODFL in your country;
- Explain why appropriate governance and management are important in order to realise good quality ODFL;
- Design an appropriate ODFL system in your country, which can meet the educational needs of different people in your context and is within government financial means;
- Advise on most appropriate technologies that can be harnessed to leverage the quality of ODFL in your context; and
- Evaluate ODFL provisioning in your country, if there is any, with a view to improving it.
This is a hands-on, activity-based course consisting of 4 Units. It is anticipated that you need 30 hours (4 weeks) to go through the whole course. The 30 hours can be spread over a period of 1 to 3 months, depending on the commitments you have. The 4 units cover: Policy issues, Governance and management of ODFL, ODFL structure and funding issues, and Technology and logistics in ODFL.
Certificate of Participation and Badge
There is a learning quiz at the end of each unit. If you complete at least three of those quizzes and get 60% or above for each quiz, you will get a Certificate of Participation and a Participation Badge.
QA4ODFL1 Completion Certificate and Badge
If you complete all four unit quizzes as well as the scenario-based assessment at the end of the course and get 70% or above for each quiz, you will receive a QA4ODFL Completion Certificate and Completion Badge.
|Participation Badge||Complete at least three of the unit quizzes and get 60% or above for each quiz|
|Completion Badge||Complete all four unit quizzes as well as the scenario-based assessment at the end of the course and get 70% or above for each quiz|
Any teacher is free and welcome to participate in this course. The course will be conducted in English. We recommend that you have:
- Access to a personal computer for 5 – 6 hours per week
- Basic computer skills (saving files in different formats, setting up and deleting folders, starting programs, etc.)
- Access to the internet for 3 – 5 hours per week while working online on the course.
- Basic skills in navigating websites using a browser.
- Ability to install, or have access to a colleague or friend to help you install Free and Open Source Software programs (we will provide links to free downloads of the software).