Teachers will develop and implement effective learner support practices for Open Distance and Flexible (ODFL) contexts.
|Workload:||3 – 5 hours per week|
|Badges:||Six digital badges|
|Certification:||Certificate of Completion|
|Course materials:||Preview online|
What will I learn?
In this short online course teachers will:
- Reflect on the current learning and teaching practices and design principles that lead to optimised learner experiences.
- Review and discuss the different types of learner support strategies that should be provided in an ODFL environment.
- Explore the practicalities of integrating educational technologies to support ODFL learners.
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing quality assurance standards and procedures when designing learner support mechanisms for an ODFL environment.
Participants who successfully achieve the six digital badges summarised below for the LS4ODFL course will receive a PDF Certificate of Completion.
|Lesson planning||Design a lesson plan for a subject that you teach.|
|Learner support plan||Create a plan for appropriate learner support for your lesson plan.|
|Technology selection||Evaluate an online support tool using the SECTIONS model.|
|Quality assurance||Develop a quality assurance checklist for your learner support plan.|
|LS4ODFL participant||Complete and pass an online ‘knowledge test’ quiz on core concepts covered during the LS4ODFL course.|
|ODFL Badge||This is an cumulative badge awarded to LS4ODFL participants who have achieved the five preceding badges. Holders of the ODFL Badge will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for the course.|
Any teacher is free and welcome to participate in this course. The course will be conducted in English. We recommend that you have:
- Access to a personal computer for 3 – 5 hours per week
- Basic computer skills (saving files in different formats, setting up and deleting folders, starting programs, etc.)
- Access to the internet for 3 – 5 hours per week while working online on the course.
- Basic skills in navigating websites using a browser.