On successful completion of this short course learners will design online activity-based assessment to support teaching and learning.
What will I learn?
In this short online course you will:
- Understand assessment for learning, assessment of learning and assessment as learning in relation to summative and formative assessment
- Reflect on the relationship between assessment and activity-based teaching and learning
- Appreciate the value of feedback in meaningful assessment
- Explore ways of providing meaningful feedback
- Design alternatives to formal, summative assessment
Participants who successfully achieve the six digital badges summarised below for the CS4ODFL course will receive a PDF Certificate of Completion.
|Partial completion badge||Complete the consolidated formative assessment quiz at the end of Week Three.|
|Assessor badge||Complete the consolidated formative assessment quiz and an integrated activity at the end of week three.|
Any teacher is free and welcome to participate in this course. The course will be conducted in English. We recommend that you have:
- Access to a personal computer for 3 – 5 hours per week
- Basic computer skills (saving files in different formats, setting up and deleting folders, starting programs, etc.)
- Access to the internet for 3 – 5 hours per week while working online on the course.
- Basic skills in navigating websites using a browser
- Ability to install, or have access to a colleague or friend to help you install Free and Open Source Software programs (we will provide links to free downloads of the software).